Rankos' Stadium Pharmacy has a long history of serving Tacoma families dating back to the 1920's. Before moving to its current location in the late 1930's, Rankos had homes on Pacific Avenue and near St. Joseph Hospital. In the early days during the 40's and 50's, Rankos had a soda fountain and served green rivers and banana splits. Stadium Alumni tell stories of drinking cherry cokes and jamming to the jukebox after school.
Rankos fired up the legendary Rx sign after 40 years of darkness in 2010. The chasing lights sign adds sparkle to the night of Tacoma's North End and is reminiscent of days gone by. Our history lives today in our museum of pharmacy memorabilia, historic photos, wooden photo booth, and old-time friendliness.